The Institute’s Position

The Institute for Biological Dentistry
does
not use any “silver” filling material
for the following reasons
:

FACT:

“Silver”or Amalgam dental fillings contain:

  • 48% to 55% Mercury
  • 33% to 35% Silver
  • Various amounts of Copper, Tin, Zinc and other metals

Since Mercury is the major component of the material, any representation of the material should include the word Mercury. Thus at the Institute for Biological Dentistry and in our materials, we refer to them as Mercury amalgam dental fillings.

FACT:

Mercury is a powerful poison and neurotoxin.Published research has shown that mercury is much more toxic than lead, cadmium or even arsenic. Furthermore, the toxic threshold for mercury vapor is unknown and world renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered totally harmless.

FACT:

Scientific research has demonstrated that mercury, even in small amounts, can damage the heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, thyroid glands, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, blood cells, enzymes and hormones. Mercury can pass through the blood brain barrier and accumulate in the brain. And, it can suppress the body’s immune system. Mercury has also been shown to pass through the placental membrane in pregnant women and cause permanent damage to the brain of the developing baby.

FACT:

Mercury is continually released from mercury amalgam dental fillings in the form of mercury vapor and abraded particles. This process can be increased as much as 15 times by chewing, brushing, or drinking hot liquids The World Health Organization recently concluded that the daily intake of mercury from amalgam fillings exceeded the combined daily intake of mercury derived from air, water and food (including fish).

FACT:

The mercury vapor released from mercury amalgam fillings is absorbed very rapidly and thoroughly into the body, primarily by inhalation and swallowing.

FACT:

In human autopsy studies, it has been found that there is a direct correlation (link) between the amount of mercury found in the brain and the number and surfaces of mercury amalgam fillings in the teeth.

FACT:

Mercury causes normal intestinal flora to become mercury resistant and antibiotic resistant. Mercury resistant bacteria cause mercury in the intestinal track to be converted back into vapor and recycled back into the body. Antibiotic resistance is becoming a major medical concern in the United States and around the world.

FACT:

Recent scientific research has shown high levels of mercury in the brains of individuals who died of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). Other research has shown high levels of mercury can cause similar pathological effects in the brain as seen in Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS) and AD. Laboratory studies of spinal fluid from ALS and AD patient’s has confirmed that mercury inhibits key brain detoxification enzyme systems.
ESTABLISHMENT POSITION The American Dental Association and various agencies of the U.S. Government still support the use of Mercury amalgam dental fillings. They claim they are safe based on 150 years of use and that there isno scientific evidence showing mercury exposure from dental fillings causes any known disease.

SHOULD YOU OR YOUR CHILDREN HAVE MERCURY AMALGAM FILLINGS PUT IN YOUR TEETH?

THAT IS A DECISION ONLY YOU CAN MAKE.

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND INFORMED CONSENT.

This entry was posted in 2. All About Mercury. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *