About Fluoride and Cavities…
Even supporters of fluoride are reducing their claims about its cavity fighting abilities.
- In 1988, the American Dental Association claimed a 40-60% reduction of cavities from the use of fluoride; they now claim 18-25%; and other supporters claim only 12%.
- In the largest study ever done, records of 39,000 US school children between the ages of 5 and 17, from 84 areas of the country with fluoridated water (1/3rd), partially fluoridated water (1/3rd) or un-fluoridated water (1/3rd) showed NO STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE in the rate of tooth decay in these communities.
About Water Fluoridation…
- Sodium fluoride and silicofluorides are added to 62% of U.S. and 40% of Canadian public water supplies.
- A World Health Organization survey reports a reduction in the rates of dental decay in western Europe equal to or greater than in the U.S., even though 98% of the western European water supply is un-fluoridated.
- Water fluoridation mass medicates at higher than prescribed levels for young children (0-4yrs). The scheduled dose for infants under 6 months is NONE.
- 66.4% of children living in “optimally fluoridated” communities have at least one tooth that displays visible signs of fluoride overdose (dental fluorosis).
- The chemicals used in 90% of U.S. water fluoridation programs are industrial-grade hazardous wastes captured in the pollution-control scrubber systems of the phosphate fertilizer industry.
- Until the early 1940s, fluorides produced as a by-product of aluminum and fertilizer industries were considered so toxic they could only be sold off for use in Rat Poison & Insecticide.
- Drinking water fluoridation is opposed by both the Pasteur Institute and the Nobel Institute.
All “Quick Facts” come from articles on the site which contain references and sources