Toxic Mercury Amalgam
The topic of mercury fillings has been debated in dentistry for decades. Metal amalgam fillings are composed of approximately 50 percent mercury, with the rest consisting of silver, tin, copper, and zinc.
If you have mercury fillings, trace amounts of mercury vapor are constantly being released by your restorations. This increases when you chew food, drink beverages, and grind your teeth. For this reason alone, we believe that mercury fillings should be abandoned by modern dentistry.
Over 200 million Americans have had this highly toxic metal placed in their mouths, creating what many leading researchers believe to be a “toxic time bomb.” The World Health Organization has identified dental amalgam as a major source of mercury contamination in humans.